Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 28 January 4th,2016

Ayyyy happy 2016!! I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years! It
was absolutely insane here, nothing like I could have imagined but
I'll go into that in a bit.

Sooo it's been not such a good time outside the past week. Germany hit
a cold front. The first day of it we just kinda laughed it off, thought
it was cool, busted out our gloves and scarves excited to wear them
thinking the cold was fun! But the next few days actually weren't fun,
they weren't fun at all. It hurts to be outside. It hurts. It doesn't
matter how many layers of clothing and scarves and tights you wear,
you will still freeze. Elder Wirthlin and I doored last night, on the
verge of tears, until we just couldn't do it anymore, we had to go home.
Today I am grateful for Arizona heat. Hot>Cold

New Years was really really cool. We went to the Dessin's of course.
They spoil us! We ate some wunderbares food and played phase 10 till we
had to be home. Fireworks are illegal in Germany, like other places,
normally.. Except New Years. Anything goes. New Year's Eve it is NON
STOP all day. I have never seen/heard anything like it. You cannot go
.1 second without hearing fireworks close or in the distance. It legit
sounds like you are in the middle of war. We had a show right outside
our apartment so we woke up before 12 and watched for an hour and it
just did not die down till maybe 4 or so..? If your looking for a cool
New Years Germany is the place to be.

Anyways we thought we had some really good lessons this past week. We
committed 3 people to church and they all said they were for sure
coming! Sunday rolled around and a grand total of... Drum roll!!!
Drumdrumdrumdrumdrumdrumdrum ........... !!!!!! 0 of them came to
church woo!!! Simply awesome :):):):):):):):):):) 🙄🤗🤓😎

But ya know, that's okay. I've grown to love church so much on the
mission. Before I dreaded it. 3 hours blah blah blahh. But that's only
because I wasn't there. I was, but my mind wasn't. Anywhere you go for
three hours, regardless if it's church or not, and just sit there is
not going to be fun.. Be there! Listen! Participate! You will
learn so much! I'm not saying there won't be a boring talk in
sacrament once in a while that will make you wanna ahgghhhhuhgh,
because that's inevitable. 
I'm saying there's a lot of other good
things you will hear when you open your ears. Things that will help
you.

Alright I forgot to send pics n flix last week so y'all are gonna have
a lot to work with this time around!

I luhhhhhh yewwwwwwwww