Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 73 November 14th, 2016

Heyyyyy there,

I hope everyone had a good week! I'm doing well. Just chillin out here in the boonies, aka Forst. It's not bad! There is just nothing here - it's literally empty other than like a grocery store and Döner shop... So we're going to Cottbus for pday today to do some shoppinnnn.

Monday and Tuesday consisted mostly of me just packing and saying goodbye to people. It was really sad to go. I didn't want to leave baby Ashby. It was weird to see my pictures off the walls of our apartment and my stuff taken out after six months of it being there. We spent our last pday in Kiel and went bowling. I literally bowled 4 strikes in a row one round. I ended with like a 171 score -  I should honestly probably go pro. Anyways we went out to dinner and ended the night at a traditional bayrisch restaurant where we all had schnitzel. 

We did transfers on Wednesday so after sticking around for as long as I could, I boarded my ICE. I gave one final wave goodbye out the window to my friends as my train departed from the infamous Hamburg Hauptbahnhof and disappeared into the white abyss of the Northern Germany snow. I traveled alone reflecting on the past 4 transfers I spent in Neumünster and could do nothing but smile and chuckle to myself. I eventually wound up in Cottbus, met my companion, Elder Fritz,  and we boarded another train to get to Forst!


I'm still kinda trying to learn my way around this new area. Meeting members, investigators, figuring out where stuff is etc. etc. Shouldn't take too long considering how small the city is. There is a lot of youth in the ward. Well not a lot, but for Germany a lot. We play soccer every Saturday and I've barely been able to walk the past couple days. The ward also on Friday had this cook off competition between the young men and women. Elder Fritz and I, along with a couple others, were the judges and it was way fun. 

Fritzy is from Utah. He is a sweetheart. We are going to have a fun transfer. It's only a 5 week one so it should go by super quick. He's really musically talented and can play the mandolin too so I gotta have him teach me some stuff.

I hope everyone is doing well! Miss you and love you.


Elder Miller

Elder Ashby and I

TRAIN RIDE

FORST CHURCH