Friday, July 24, 2015

WEEK 4 JULY 15, 2015

Hallo!

In 2 days I will already have a month down in the mission.. Blows my mind. Not going to lie, week 4 was a little rough. But I still loved it! Not much to report on this week. Just studying and working hard to learn this language! 13 more days until we are out of here! It's going to go by so fast. We get our travel itineraries tomorrow so I will let you guys know the plans next week! As for my head, they've come down to a conclusion. It's either a cyst or bacteria build up. Nothing too serious. Just gonna give me some headaches. The doctor has prescribed me some medicine to help with my headaches and sent me to physical therapy. Physical therapy was miserable. Those who have been to PT know that sometimes they do the electrocution shock simulation thing. Yeah, it's normally not bad because they do it on your arm, your leg, your back, or somewhere like those areas. They put it on my head... I didn't even know you could do that. Anyway, they told me the bump is going to leave when it feels like it. Could be tomorrow, could be 20 years. So we're just going to have to monitor it for a while. Something cool I learned this week is I will be learning multiple languages. Our mission president told us we will pick up on some Italian, French, and various African languages. Not fluent obviously, but greetings and things like that. 

I've notice as a missionary you are always just absolutely exhausted. All the time. At the end of the day we have personal time from 9:30-10:30. I rarely make it to 10:30. I brush my teeth and I pass out. When I do make it to 10:30 and I'm still awake, that's when I know I didn't work hard enough. 2 years is not long enough to have days off. We need to take advantage of every single minute!! Missionary work is hard. Really really hard. But there's something about it that you just love. Hard to explain but it's so rewarding.. Some days I just sit and I get so so sad for people my age who don't have the chance to serve. I want everyone to experience this. Everyone should serve!!!!!!! If you are debating on whether or not you should go, stop debating now! Coming from me, a missionary who really wasn't sure if he wanted to serve or not, even after he got his call, I promise, you will love it. You will realize there is no better place you could be, and you won't have the desire to be anywhere else!! 

I love you all so much! I pray for you everyday and I know that if this pace of my mission keeps up, I'll be seeing you guys in what feels like no time!  

Ich veiß das mein Erlöser lebt!


Elder Miller



13 days until I enter the most beautiful country in the world!!!!!