Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 30 January 18th, 2016

Okay a lot happened this week. Lots of good and fun things but I'm
gonna cut right to it!

SATURDAY: Transfer calls. I don't know why the heck it takes so long
for the AP's to call. I was antsy all day. I couldn't take it. They
start calls at 8:00 And Elder Wirthlin and I got ours at 1:00... Should not
take 5 hours to call 50 people and tell them if they are goin or
staying. Or maybe it should... I don't know. I just know I don't like
getting my call late. ANYWAYS. Funny story, so we take an investigator
to a baptism in Dahlem. I walk in and there's a bunch of missionaries and
they are all like, "Elder Miller how do you feel about leaving?! Are
you excited!? Your new comp is way sick!" And I'm just like.....
What???..... And they look at me and give me that "oh shoot you haven't
gotten your call yet..."  look and none of them would tell me anything
after that!! So the baptism goes on. It calms me down a little bit - So
so good. Made our investigator cry so that was way sick! I could go on
all day about how great it was. Soo the baptism is over we are singing
the closing hymn and the phone rings. I book it out and the truth
comes forward... I'm going to Bremerhaven?!? My first thoughts.. No no
no no no no. But I've heard such good things about how cool the city
is and I've heard some good things about my new comp Elder Botcher
too. So I am actually way excited. It's on the sea! I'm so sad to be
leaving Spandau. The Dessin's, Vanessa Virginia Oma, the Mathias', my
kids Calvin and Leoni! Sister Kronwitter, Sister Seare:( SO SAD. I feel
like I'm leaving my 2nd family to go on a 2nd mission if that makes
sense. Ahh and so many good missionaries leaving this transfers that I
will miss. I actually hate transfers.

My last Sunday was really really sad. Only a couple of people in the
ward knew that I was going, so when it was announced during sacrament
that Sister Kronwitter and I were leaving there was literally a gasp.
I saw Leoni give me this look while I was on the stand and then she
went straight to her mom and started crying. JUST AWFUL. We went to
the Dessin's for our final dinner and gosh dangit I do not want to
leave them!!

Last night Elder Hein, my trainer, spent the night with Elder Blake and
Elder Flake before they go home tomorrow. Also way weird and sad... My
trainers GONE. I love those guys and I'm gonna miss them so much.

Bremerhaven is kinda far from Berlin. 3 hours by train. I was scared I
was going to have to ride all the way by myself but luckily Sister
Brim is actually coming there too so I'm pumped to ride with her and
be in her district so I'm not all unfamiliar. @ElderGlissmeyer
#MisterStealYoGurl

I'm so grateful for the time that I had to serve here. I know I made
relationships here that will exceed far after my mission is over. The
Lord knew I needed Spandau. I know it's not a goodbye forever with
them but just a bis später:)

See ya'll in Bremerhaven,


Elder Noah Miller