Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 64 September 12, 2016

Heyyooo

This week went surprisingly quick! Ja Wohl! Elder Ashby and I have
found a solid group of people that we want to teach but it's hard to
schedule appointments with them. Neumünster has a lot a lot a lot of
potential. We just gotta break through somehow.

Monday night we had an appointment with Herr Gerlich. He's been
investigating the church for a while and is heavy Catholic. We hadn't
met with him in a while before this so we just kinda got back on
track. We wanted to know his doubts, what he liked, etc etc. I really
like the guy. He just wants to do what is right. He says to him there
are two possibilities, the Mormons or the Catholics hahah. We
"unplanningly" made out a baptismal date for him for the 5th of
November. Now it's far from set in stone, but we are happy that he
accepted it and I think that really gives him something to think
about. It's hard because his wife has dementia and is restricted to
her bed. The dude can't even leave his house to go grocery shopping.
He  has to walk around with a baby monitor too. Kinda sad. But that
means he can't come to church. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Throughout the week we have been hitting our area book hard. Doing a
lot of go by's trying to get in contact with people that were taught
earlier here. We also have been getting in contact with some less
actives and have had some good luck with making out future
appointments. We should have a pretty busy next couple weeks with
that.

Friday we had zone training meeting. Honestly it was pretty bad.
Usually I take a lot of good things out of these meetings but this
one... I'm not even going to get into it I would rant for hours. We
had meet the Mormons film night afterwards. Shout out to the ward
yeah woo nobody came!!! Except for the Matthiesen family. If
they wouldn't have came we would have had about a whopping 6 people
there. It's all good. But we planned that like a month and a half in
advance though. That's something we have been talking about in ward
council, kinda trying to revive our ward. Except it's hard
because half of them are just really old so it's not their fault..

Elder Ash Ketchum and I are doing good. Mish always flies by ten times
faster when you have a comp you like. We can talk for days and it
seems like we are always laughing about something. Gave his first
spiritual thought yesterday at our eating appointment and he killed
it! I was a proud father.

We go to Berlin Thursday for the trainer/trainee meeting I'm so
pumped!! Haven't been to Berlin in 8 months!! That is where my heart

is. I'm gonna cry when I go there I will be so happy.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!