Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WEEK 75 NOVEMBER 30TH, 2016

Friends and Fam!

Sorry this is late.. the Church wifi has been out so we have been mooching off the wifi in the grocery store. It's slow so we only have time to load the emails we get, then we bounce out of there or else the workers get suspicious. I am writing this email in my notes so I will just send it whenever the next time I get wifi is and then I will write some emails on the computer when the wifi at the church feels like coming back up. Hopefully Thursday night.. But yeah I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving! I sure did 2 days later on Saturday when we celebrated it, so all is good. But on the real Thanksgiving I had some terrible off brand of cheerios and then a not good at all Maggi pack.. Do we have Maggi packs in America?

Anyways Friday we had our hoho ZoKo yayyyy! Got to see some familiar faces. Got a couple good friends going home this transfer. It's so sad, but I'm not far behind them ayyyy:) We saw the new Christmas video, it's so so good. SO much better than last years video with the creepy background music was... Overall it was a good zone conference. President even held almost the entire thing in English for us as a Christmas present :,) Afterwards of course we had to stop at a Christmas Market... Berlin is so unreal during Christmas time. Everything is covered in lights. I might have already said that 1000 times but I can't get over it. I only have one more Zone Conference... crazy stuff. 

Saturday was the Thanksgiving ahhhhhhhh:)) A half American family cooked so tears of joy were shed from Elder Fritz and I. A turkey, stuffing, MASHED potatoes, it ALMOST felt like I was in the states for a couple hours. It was hilarious... They had root beer there, and that's not a thing in Germany so everyone was making a big deal out of it. For about 30 minutes, one small glass of root beer was passed around the room slowly. Every single person did the exact same thing: took a quick sniff of it, grimaced, giggled, took a tiny sip, went "ACH BLEHHHH" and then they would all look at each other and die of laughter. Literally every time. It was like a bunch of cavemen who just discovered something new that was terrible. 

I haven't laughed as much as I did this week in a long time. Elder Fritz and I were by institute this week and there is a handicapped guy in our ward. Super sweet guy. I love him - he is hilarious. He is probably my age, 20 or so, and he comes to class as well. But we were in there and the lady was teaching and during the lesson he kept calling elder Fritz a pig. "Du Schweeiinn, du Schweinnn!" And I was having a hard enough time keeping in my laughing at this point. All of a sudden the topic of the class somehow gets on gay marriage, and from there he kept calling Elder Fritz gay. After that I was done, I couldn't hold it. I was trying so hard to hold it in, I ended up just making weird noises. I got all sweaty and there were tears in my eyes. I tried to leave the room a couple times but I was blockaded in.

This week should be a good week. We have a lot of things planned so the time should fly by. Been feeling really grateful for my mission lately. Sure hasn't been easy, but the more the days pass the more I'm realizing that I am going to miss so many things about it. Thank you to those who have shown constant support to me throughout my mission so far, it means a ton. Even if it is just a quick 2 sentences. December here we come. 

Ich hab' euch so viel lieb πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ


Elder Miller