Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 45 May 2, 2016

Alriiiiighty folks! Happy summer! Enjoy your last one without me;)

Sorry I have been down and out the past two weeks but I am here now with a comeback!

This last week Elder Rogers and I were extremely blessed to see some awesome miracles for ourselves after a couple of long weeks with almost nothing. At the beginning of the week, it looked like it was going to be another long one of doors, and street contacting. And it kind of was at the beginning, but on Thursday we got a call from the Bremen Sisters saying that a couple of really strong investigors have been moved to our area. The Sisters came to Bremerhaven and we took a train to our new friends house for a pass off lesson. They are two refugees from Iran who speak no german and extremely little english. But I kid you not they are the two sweetest people I have ever met. I have never been a fan of teaching people through google translate. I always saw it as a waste of time. But as they typed their questions and I did my best to respond in english or through google translate the spirit was so strong. They would read our replies and nod their head with big smiles on their faces. They were worried when they were transferred that they would not be able to go to church anymore but that of course is no problem because we have a beautiful building for that right here in Bremerhaven:) We are lucky and for Sunday school they can join through Skype to a Persian class so they can hear lessons in their own language. It's incredible!

On the other side, I don't know what it was about drunk people this week but one guy heard me speaking english and then started talking to me. He was fascinated that I was from America and he said he visited but he couldn't remember where. Either New York or LA.. hahahah. We then walked to the other side of banhof to try and kind of get away from him but he followed us! He then proceeded to offer me his beer and of course I said I'm sorry we don't drink alcohol but this man REFUSED. He was not having no as an answer. Finally, I accepted the alcohol and rushed it into my backpack so no one would see while the other elders and sisters were laughing... The next one was on the bus. Out of the 50 people on the bus, I sit next to the drunk homeless guy. He asked me for money and I said I didn't have any and he then asked me to step off the bus with him, so she could smash in my face.. He put his fingers really close to my face and mumbled something. After a couple minutes of awkward silence he pulled out his cross necklace and apologized...

It was a good week. All things aren't going to go our way. That's just not how it works. It's not suppose to be like that. In times where everything seems to be going completely opposite of how we want it to be, it is the best time to show our faith. Work harder, pray more, SERVE more. We will receive so much more in return than if we lay down. 

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I love you guys!

Noah


PS: HAPPY MUTTERTAG MOM I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.