Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 48 May 23, 2016

Guten Tag meine liebe Freundchen:)

It was an awesome week this week. Awesome awesome awesome. I learned a
ton. This is the last week of our extended transfer and I'm sad but at
the same time I'm excited. I'm ready for a change, but I'm not going
out without a bang here.

On Wednesday/Thursday we had the normal district meeting and our ZL's
came. They gave a thema and it was way needed. Haven't been this pumped for
a long time but they did a really good job on exciting us. They
exchanged with Elder Rogers and I afterwards and I was with Elder
Hopkins for the day. Such a stud. We talked a lot about the mission.
It's is in a little bit of a funk right now. A lot of missionaries
aren't exactly motivated. It's a long story and there are a lot of
factors involved BUT WE JUST ALL GOTTA BUY IN OR NO ONE IS GOING TO BE
HAPPY AND WERE NOT GONNA BE SUCCESSFUL.

Friday we went over to Frau Tants', ate her famous currywurst and had
Deutsch Kurs. She reads to us out of a book and we have to write down
what she says with correct spelling and all and then she corrects it:)
Your boy got like a 92% this last time with only a couple spelling
errors.

Saturday turned out to be really good. The branch had their annual
"Frühlings Fest". I was absolutely ticked at the beginning because
they had Elder Rogers and I carry down all the tables and chairs to
set up. Now I'm all about helping, but when we are doing all the work
while everyone else is watching and talking that's when I start
getting a little testy. Plus these chairs and tables weren't just
plastic little things, they were big heavy wooden tables and chairs.
And we have a 4 story church. Two of the seven tables came from the
4th floor. But everyone helped clean up and it went twice as fast so 
Elder Miller was a happy camper:)

In our appointment with the refugees, We taught them about the word of
wisdom and law of chastity. Afterwards Mohammed typed into google
translate and showed us "I believe in this religion because it is so
pure." That was a really cool experience for me. I thought a lot about
his comment throughout the rest of the day and week. It makes so much
sense. Christs' true church on the earth would be nothing short of
perfectly pure. And that's what we preach very boldly as Saints. To do
nothing that would have the potential or opportunity to harm our
bodies. Even if it might not be bad in "moderation" or "just once or
twice". Don't even make it a possibility. I'm grateful for that short
short sentence that really grew my testimony for these two
commandments.

I love you guys!


Elder Miller