Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 20 November 9th, 2015

What's good family!

No surprise, just another great week in Spandau! Can't explain how much
I love Berlin.

This week went by super fast so it's a little bit of a blur as I try
to remember what happened. Tuesday had a meeting with a guy named
Paul from Nigeria, super super Into the bible. Ended up being him
talking and teaching us more than us talking and teaching him, haha but
that's okay. After we went to Sabina's, a members house and made
cookies, which was way fun. She's has a bunch of snakes and I held one
for like 10 seconds until it lunged at me then I was done-skis!

Wednesdsday,  had district meeting and we went and visited  Bruder
Keuser. Super cool member. He's an old guy and he told us lots of
stories about when he was younger and life during the division when
the wall was up. At 20:00 (8:00pm) I left for an exchange with Elder Kreutz, our
zone leader to Tiergarten. Tiergarten is the most desired area to serve in the
mission. Literally the heart of Berlin. Their apartment is amazing.
Spoiled. Elder Kreutz is awesome! I was honestly a little surprised we
got along so well. Thursday we had family genealogy class with our
favorite Spandau Sisters and it was a blast. Elder Gallacher came and
the old office crew too. It was a party - we played jeopardy and then
worked on our trees on the computer.

Friday went on a mini exchange with Elder Sterri for a few hours and
did some finding in his area around a university. Talked to some
really, really cool people and exchanged a couple numbers so hopefully we
can set up some meetings:) Saturday we did the usual service, then went
to sport with a bunch of missionaries and their investigators which
was way fun. We played basketball and soccer.

Did some reading in Ether 12 this week and came across something that
I really liked

27: And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I
give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is
sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they
humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make
weak things become strong unto them.

Everyone has weaknesses. And just like it says, God gives us them so
that we may be humble. I know that if we recognize those weaknesses
inside us and do all we can to work at them, God will help us through
them. Those weaknesses will eventually become great strengths. For me,
my mission has opened me up, dissected me, and exposed every great
strength, weakness and insecurity. Some things that I didn't even know
about in myself. It's been hard but I'm grateful. Because of this, it
gives me a chance to work at it these things! Recognize your
weaknesses, work at them and have faith that they can become strengths
because they really can!

 I love you all! Keep on keepin on!

Liebe groß,

Elder Miller