Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WEEK 88, FEBRUARY 27TH, 2016

Hi family!

Sorry not a lot of time today as usual - my bad. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and that was good vibes. Till I saw my bill. 

Anyways quick funny story of the week. We got to head down to the temple on Wednesday and that was way good as always. Had our own Harry Potter room to ourselves the entire way down. 6 hours. We rolled into Freiberg a little before 9 and it was sprinkling rain. It's about a 45 minute walk from the train station to the Temple hotel. At about the last 10-15 minute stretch it started pouring HAIL. The temple is on a hill so for the rest of that time Elder Hickenlooper and I were sprinting for what felt like miles through BB pellet hail. It hurt. By the time we showed up to the receptionist, you guessed it - we were sopping wets. We also shared our room with another man visiting the temple. We opened up the door and realized he was sleeping and didn't want to wake him so we both hurried in the bathroom. The first thing we notice? His nice fresh pair of teeth sitting on the sink:) We still had to make some calls so we scuffled out of the room again laughing. We got back later and the light was on this time so I thought we were about to face a grumpy old man but he was so nice. I said sorry we were late and awoke him but he said no problem he was just happy he didn't have to be alone! Cute lil old grandpa dude. Gave us chocolate before we left the next morning. I'm grateful for the temple. It feels like I have been on the go on the go on the go for weeks and I finally got to slow down and have some time to think for myself. 

We have some appointments made out though for this week so it should be better week! I'm excited! I love you all and miss you.

Have a good one!


Elder Miller